Top 6 Steps To Reduce Your Risk for Cancer!
1) Reduce Foods that cause inflammation and psychological stress. In order to have a healthy body you have to have a healthy brain.(1) Our brain thrives on premium fuel (food) and if we don’t eat well our brain suffers. The catch 22 is, stress influences food choices.(2) Foods that cause stress include: trans-fats and sugary processed foods, alcohol and addictions to diet sugars. Chronic psychological stress increases premature aging, disrupt hormones, increases risk for cancer and shortens telomeres.
2) Part of good nutrition practices is about developing good sleeping habits. Creating better sleep habits include: being active during waking hours and adding in exposure to sunshine. What’s important is to reduce blue light toxicity from computers, LED light exposure, and televisions. These exposures can cause an array of issues including insomnia and macular degeneration.(3) Researchers identified a twofold risk of developing prostate cancer in men with insomnia.(4) Plus, there’s an increase with breast cancer and insomnia, (5) hypertension, and cardiovascular disease.(6) Improved nutrition balances hormones and serotonin levels because about 90% of serotonin is found in our gastrointestinal tract. When we improve relaxation techniques and food choices we are taking an active step to reduce premature aging, insomnia and cancer.
3) The ugly side of beauty products include: toxic sunscreens, makeup, shampoo, skin lotions, nail polish, deodorants, and other personal care products containing chemical ingredients that lack safety data.(7) For one, hair dye has been linked to prostate cancer.(8) and increase risk for kidney cancer. Triphenyl phosphate found in nail polish disrupts the endocrine system and is a reproductive toxic and a neurotoxin. Formaldehyde found in nail polish and other beauty products is a carcinogen that can increase risk for asthma. For improve health purchase non-toxic products .
4) The skin is a tapestry of microbiome. Poor microbiome influence premature aging and illnesses. Microbiome Disruption increases risk for acne, cancer, Alzheimers, diabetes, wrinkles, leaky gut, dehydration, brain fog, depleted collagen production and shorter telomeres. Research says, “blueberry phytochemical’s inhibit cancer growth (9) that can harm DNA and telomeres.” There’s no doubt that eliminating alcohol, sugar and wheat/gluten products and adding in more fiber rich fruits and veggies can improve health and prevent cancer.
5) Obesity is not only a body and mind burden but also poses an increase risk for cancer. Greater intake of processed meats, sugar, processed foods, fried foods, refined grains and endocrine disruptors, such as toxic scents and cleaning products, are associated with obesity and shorter telomeres. Just like with cancer, obesity doesn’t just show up one day, but is the gradual breakdown from inflammation and toxic exposures. Obesity not only causes inflammation but increases oxidative stress (a major cause of aging) leaving the body open to free radical damage, and increasing poor gut microbiome. “Dysbiosis of the gut microbiota is associated with the pathogenesis of intestinal disorders and obesity.”(10)
6)Don’t be afraid of change. Take action steps to change your DNA. You can create the life you’ve always wanted by changing your thought patterns. As Bruce Lipton once said: “Changing our DNA has more to do with our mind taking new action steps. We can change our thoughts and beliefs and become more passionate about what we want to achieve in our lifetime. Start now by removing the glue that keeps you stuck in old beliefs and poor habits.
After doing your own research about cancer prevention, we recommend you to check here
Dr. l. Gerakoulias M.D. [E.H.]